Saturday, April 4, 2009

Welcome to my darker side . . .

Just today I heard a wonderful reaction to an interviewer who had asked his subject to comment on his "obvious pseudonym." The interviewee remarked that even acknowledging one's name as a pseudonym, in effect, undoes the mystery and magick of the created persona. I am, of course, paraphrasing here and taking my own meaning from the response but it struck me as a mind-shattering moment of synchronicity that this topic should come up while I was in the process of creating this blog.

So in the spirit of total immersion, I introduce myself: Zandria Zatara. I am a Luciferian sorcerer who is tired of the White Magick vs. the Forces of Evil discussion. I am a magician who is fed up with the "whatever feels right" approach to magick being peddled by every solitaire witch who ever read a 101 book. I am a mystic who does magick for results, both spiritual and tangible. My answer to anyone not expecting results from magick or defining magick as some form of selfless sacrifice in a funny hat is just don't do it!

And so it is time. Time for me to stop perpetuating this degradation of magick and speak out on the truths of sorcery, mysticism, gnosis, and experimental magick. Will what I say here always be right? No. It will always be my honest, experienced, and uncensored opinion. Do I have any more authority than the 101ers? Meh. I have been an active occultist a bit more than 20 years. What has that gotten me? I have communed with Lucifer. I have shared the essence of Christ. I have been a priestess and a whore. I have built temples and tromped through cemeteries at midnight. I have made love to angels and played host to demons.

Glamorous? Hardy. I was initiated in a makeshift temple in someone's garage. I was consecrated a Gnostic Bishop in a back bedroom over the squeals of a sleepy child in the next room. I have crawled through the political melee of "fraternal" orders. I have said "fuck it all" and walked away, a few times.

Take all that for what it is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment